updated 02:00 pm EDT, Wed October 18, 2006
Monster Zune Accessories
Monster Cable intends to make an aggressive contribution to the Zune accessory ecosystem, according to Electronic House. The home theater firm will have six new peripherals made primarily to connect Microsoft's music player to outside audio and video equipment:
- Carplay ($80), an FM transmitter that can adjust to any standard frequency;
- TVLink ($30), an RCA video cable;
- MusicShare ($20), a headphone splitter with two distinct volume controls;
- StereoLink Car and Home (both $20), adapters to plug the Zune into a car's auxiliary input jack or a home stereo;
- SlimCharger ($30), a compact AC adapter to power the Zune when away from a computer.
While a release date has not been given, these peripherals are expected to ship near the November 14th Zune launch. A lack of useful accessories has often been cited as a key weakness among challengers to the iPod, which has no shortage of peripherals. Click through for preview photos of Monster's Zune devices.