updated 02:35 pm EDT, Fri March 21, 2008
Sony A900 Alpha DSLR
A sneak peek at what is believed to be Sony's top-end digital SLR was offered at Japan's Photo Imaging Expo on Friday. The camera, dubbed A900 until an official name is released, is likely to use Sony's first full-size 24.8 megapixel sensor which would also be the biggest in the DSLR game. The new pro camera offers almost twice the image resolution of Sony's current best-resolution Alpha, the 14.2MP A350, and slightly outperforms Canon's 21.1MP EOS-1Ds Mark III.
According to a Sony representative at PIE, the new flagship will make its official debut either at the Photokina trade show in September or IFA in August. A prototype version of the A900 was shown at PMA last year, but this version appears to be one step closer to production. What Sony promised back then was a new image sensor, its Bionz image processing chip as well as Super SteadyShot image stabilization. The actual camera will record at a slightly reduced 24.6MP due to its sensors' limits.
From the photos, we can see a mini-HDMI connection is hidden under a flap to the side, which means images can be displayed on today's HDTVs. This feature is shared with Sony's lesser Alphas, as well as some of Nikon's offerings. The A900 also sports two scroll wheels, dedicated ISO and White Balance buttons. A new flash and grip for the high-end SLR were also on display at the show.
(Images via masterchong)
|03/01||Huawei TalkBand B2 doubles as a Bluetooth...|
|02/25||Pointers: introducing Siri to your...|
|02/20||Briefly: Apple's ARC mandate, Maps...|
|02/19||Briefly: Apple moves Canadian HQ, removes...|
|02/18||Apple sued after allegedly poaching...|
|03/02||Google+ to split into Photos, Hangouts...|
|03/02||Panasonic Nubo camera surveils via...|
|03/02||Android Pay to serve as Google's answer...|
|03/02||Google confirms plans for MVNO wireless...|
|03/02||Sony Xperia M4 Aqua targets midrange...|
|02/03||LG 34-inch UltraWide cut to $750|
|02/03||SanDisk Pixtor 64GB SDXC class 10 memory...|
|02/02||Crucial MX100 series 128GB SSD cut...|
|02/02||$200 off Promise Pegasus2 R4 8TB|
|01/30||$211 off Dell UltraSharp 34-inch WQHD...|
Free Technology and Gadgets Newsletter
We will not share your email address with anyone.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as f ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 9 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies