updated 02:35 pm EDT, Fri March 21, 2008
Sony A900 Alpha DSLR
A sneak peek at what is believed to be Sony's top-end digital SLR was offered at Japan's Photo Imaging Expo on Friday. The camera, dubbed A900 until an official name is released, is likely to use Sony's first full-size 24.8 megapixel sensor which would also be the biggest in the DSLR game. The new pro camera offers almost twice the image resolution of Sony's current best-resolution Alpha, the 14.2MP A350, and slightly outperforms Canon's 21.1MP EOS-1Ds Mark III.
According to a Sony representative at PIE, the new flagship will make its official debut either at the Photokina trade show in September or IFA in August. A prototype version of the A900 was shown at PMA last year, but this version appears to be one step closer to production. What Sony promised back then was a new image sensor, its Bionz image processing chip as well as Super SteadyShot image stabilization. The actual camera will record at a slightly reduced 24.6MP due to its sensors' limits.
From the photos, we can see a mini-HDMI connection is hidden under a flap to the side, which means images can be displayed on today's HDTVs. This feature is shared with Sony's lesser Alphas, as well as some of Nikon's offerings. The A900 also sports two scroll wheels, dedicated ISO and White Balance buttons. A new flash and grip for the high-end SLR were also on display at the show.
(Images via masterchong)
|05/19||Apple Watch: Watch OS 1.0.1 update...|
|04/28||The Feature Thief, part two: Final...|
|03/04||Apple in talks to add streaming HBO...|
|03/01||Huawei TalkBand B2 doubles as a Bluetooth...|
|02/25||Pointers: introducing Siri to your...|
|06/02||Hands On: Acer Liquid X2 tri-SIM smartphone...|
|03/02||Google+ to split into Photos, Hangouts...|
|03/02||Panasonic Nubo camera surveils via...|
|03/02||Android Pay to serve as Google's answer...|
|03/02||Google confirms plans for MVNO wireless...|
|02/03||LG 34-inch UltraWide cut to $750|
|02/03||SanDisk Pixtor 64GB SDXC class 10 memory...|
|02/02||Crucial MX100 series 128GB SSD cut...|
|02/02||$200 off Promise Pegasus2 R4 8TB|
|01/30||$211 off Dell UltraSharp 34-inch WQHD...|
Free Technology and Gadgets Newsletter
We will not share your email address with anyone.
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, we ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look good a ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 10 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Comment: An independent artist's view on Apple Music - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies