Printed from http://www.electronista.com

No 12MP handset at MWC from Samsung

updated 04:20 pm EST, Fri February 13, 2009

No Samsung Android at MWC

Samsung said it has no plans to show a 12-megapixel handset at the Mobile World Congress due to take place next week in Barcelona, Spain, according to a Thursday Telecoms Korea post. In addition, Thursday's report of Samsung delaying its debut of a Google Android-powered handset has been confirmed at the same time. The company's mobile marketing chief, Younghee Lee, said the Android handset will be released in the second half of 2009 instead of the initially-planned spring release.

No reasons are known for Samsung delaying the official launch of either device. Other companies are taking the opportunity to display hardware at MWC, with Dell, Huawei and Sony Ericsson rumored to be unveiling Android-based handsets at the show.



By Electronista Staff
toggle

Comments

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

Sponsor

Recent Reviews

Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker

There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bringi ...

Kenu Airframe Plus

Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this y ...

Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset

Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...

Sponsor

toggle

Most Commented

 
toggle

Popular News