Printed from http://www.electronista.com

ASUS spins off Pegatron

updated 02:55 pm EST, Fri December 11, 2009

ASUS creates new company to be more competitive

ASUS earlier this week said it plans to contract out its manufacturing operations by spinning off a new company, tentatively called Pegatron Investment Holdings Company, in order to reduce its capital by 85 percent. The new company will sell new shares, with 25 percent retained by ASUS while the other 75 percent will be offered to shareholders, according to an ASUS filing with the Taiwan Stock Exchange.

With this restructuring move, ASUS hopes to improve the competiveness of both its core business and the contract manufacturing operations. ASUS' capital will be reduced by more than $1.12 billion shares with the new company issuing nearly 2.3 billion common shares.

Pegatron is a familiar name as it used to be part of ASUS before becoming its subsidiary and building its own netbooks and smartbooks. [via Netbooked]



By Electronista Staff
Post tools:

TAGS :

toggle

Comments

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

Advertisement

Recent Reviews

Brother HL-L8250CDN Color Laser Printer

When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as f ...

Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2

Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector

Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...

Advertisement

toggle

Most Commented

 
toggle

Popular News