updated 10:40 pm EST, Thu January 7, 2010
Best Buy offers "Blue Label" with new display tech
Toshiba late Thursday introduced the Satellite E205 notebook, a next-generation "thin and light" notebook that features distinctive styling as well as performance-based specs and support for Intel's Wireless Display technology. As the second collaboration between Toshiba and Best Buy, the notebook will be marketed under the retailer's "Blue Label" initiative and includes the recently announced Intel Wireless Display technology, which makes it possible for consumers to wirelessly connect the notebook to a TV (via an adapter).
Offered exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide, the Satellite E205 notebook features an stylish metallic-blue case that weighs 5.1 pounds and measures only 1.2-inches thick. It features the newly announced Intel Core i5-430M processor with Turbo Boost Technology as well.
The notebook has a 14-inch diagonal widescreen LED-backlit display, an LED-backlit keyboard, TouchPad with Multi-touch Control and a sleek integrated slot-loading DVD drive. The Satellite E205 also features a 500GB hard drive, 4GB of DDR3 RAM4, Windows 7 Home Premium, Wireless-N Wi-Fi, an HDMI port and a battery life of up to six hours. It also comes with a standard two-year Toshiba international limited warranty. The Satellite E205 will be available on January 17 at Best Buy stores nationwide.
Earlier on Thursday, Toshiba announced new Satellite, Tecra- and Qosmio-brand notebooks equipped with a range of processor options from the 2010 Intel Core processor family. Toshiba said it would offer the Intel Core i3-330M processor across six Satellite series consumer notebooks, as well as in select configurations of the Tecra series business offerings at entry-level price points. Notebooks equipped with the Intel Core i5-430M1 processor and Intel Turbo Boost Technology will be available across Toshiba's Satellite, Qosmio and Tecra series, while three models from its Satellite and Qosmio series, and select configurations of its Tecra series, will get the new Intel Core i7-720QM1 processor.
- Starting at $770, the Satellite A505 Series is designed for luxury, style and performance, offering a HD 16-inch diagonal widescreen display and several CPU options, including the Intel Core i3-330M1, Core i5-430M1 and Core i7-720QM1 processors, as well as various NVIDIA GeForce graphics options.
- The value Satellite L505/L555 notebook series includes the Satellite L505 and Satellite L555 notebooks; it offers 2010 Intel Core i3-330M1 or Core i5-430M1 processors and a 15.6-inch diagonal widescreen high-def display (the Satellite L555 features a 17.3-inch diagonal widescreen high-def display); the series is available in silver, graphite, and black. The Satellite L505 starts at $460 MSRP2 and the Satellite L555 starts at $650.
- The "light and compact" Satellite M505 Series are geared for more mobile customers, offering an optional touch screen display, a 5lb form-factor, the new Intel Core i3-330M1 processor, a 14-inch diagonal widescreen high-def LED display, and several color finish options. The Satellite M505 Series starts at $700.
- On the larger side, the Satellite P505 series offers a traditional desktop computing alternative with 18.4-inches of screen real estate along with choices of the Intel Core i3-330M1 or Core i7-720QM1 processors and NVIDIA GeForce 310M discrete graphics. With 500GB of storage, 4GB of DDR3 memory and other new media and productivity apps, the Satellite P505 starts at $800.
- The ultra-mobile Satellite U505 Series delivers a compact form factor, sub-5lb weights, and stylish designs with a 13-inch diagonal widescreen display; it is wrapped in a unique Texture Finish in brown, white, or pink and features Intel Core i3-330M1 and Core i5-430M1 processors as well as optional touchscreen and built-in WiMax. Prices start at $650.
- Toshiba's Tecra A11 Series offers performance for business users along with desktop-class features, such as an integrated 10-key keypad. Offering a new Texture Finish in Charcoal Black that improves better grip and reduces fingerprints, the Tecra A11 is thinner and lighter than its predecessor; it also features either the new 2010 Intel Core i3-330M1, Core i5-430M1 or Core i7-720QM1 processors, along with a 15.6-inch diagonal HD widescreen display and optional NVIDIA GeForce graphics. Featuring Toshiba's exclusive EasyGuard for protection against shocks and spills, it includes a three-year limited warranty and starts at $880.
- Finally, the multimedia- and performance-oriented Qosmio X505 offers new 2010 quad-core Intel Core i7-720QM1 or dual-core Intel Core i5-430M1 processors with Turbo Boost Technology, along with high-end NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M graphics as well as HD video encoding. Starting at $1,200, Qosmio X505 also offers Blu-ray support or DVD drive options.
The new Toshiba Satellites featuring new 2010 Intel Core i7 processor will be available on January 12, while Satellites featuring the 2010 Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors will be generally available on January 17th. The new Qosmio X505 will be available on January 12th and the new Toshiba Tecra A11 will be available on January 19th.
Satellite E205 laptop
Yesterday, Toshiba launched new ultraportables with AMD Neo chips.