updated 05:10 am EDT, Wed September 22, 2010
Standalone, or with iPhone to track blood glucose
Pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis today launched its iBGStar hybrid medical device to monitor blood glucose levels that can also be plugged into an iPhone or an iPod touch. The iBGStar is USB-sized blood glucose monitor that works as a standalone monitor, or it can be used with the new iBGStar Diabetes Manager app. Users can download the app for free from the iTunes store early 2011, although the device itself still requires FDA 510(k) clearance.
The iBGStar standalone device has a screen, its own battery, and a 300-test memory like many other glucose meters on the market. However, where it differs is in its iPhone connectivity. When connected to an iPhone running the Diabetes Manager app, it automatically uploads the data stored on the iBGStar and tracks personal diabetes information. This allows users and their healthcare professional to analyse trends and variations helping diabetes suffers better control their illness. Sharing results is also easy, and users can quickly send their data electronically to their healthcare professional for review.
When it receives FDA approval as anticipated, the iBGStar will be available for purchase directly from Sanofi for an expected retail price of $80.
|03/01||Huawei TalkBand B2 doubles as a Bluetooth...|
|02/25||Pointers: introducing Siri to your...|
|02/20||Briefly: Apple's ARC mandate, Maps...|
|02/19||Briefly: Apple moves Canadian HQ, removes...|
|02/18||Apple sued after allegedly poaching...|
|03/02||Google+ to split into Photos, Hangouts...|
|03/02||Panasonic Nubo camera surveils via...|
|03/02||Android Pay to serve as Google's answer...|
|03/02||Google confirms plans for MVNO wireless...|
|03/02||Sony Xperia M4 Aqua targets midrange...|
|02/03||LG 34-inch UltraWide cut to $750|
|02/03||SanDisk Pixtor 64GB SDXC class 10 memory...|
|02/02||Crucial MX100 series 128GB SSD cut...|
|02/02||$200 off Promise Pegasus2 R4 8TB|
|01/30||$211 off Dell UltraSharp 34-inch WQHD...|
Free Technology and Gadgets Newsletter
We will not share your email address with anyone.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as f ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- FCC net neutrality vote today, last minute changes made to proposal - 7 replies