Printed from http://www.electronista.com

Motorola CEO Jha: Fewer phones this year

updated 06:05 pm EST, Wed January 11, 2012

Hints at revised Lapdock

At a roundtable meeting with reporters yesterday, Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha said the company would slow its introduction of new handsets in 2012. Having "a lot of products that are roughly the same doesn't drive the market to a new place," Jha said. Motorola did exactly that in 2011, introducing the Droid RAZR just weeks after the delay-plagued Droid Bionic, following it this week with the RAZR Maxx, and launching the Droid 4 in a few weeks. Jha said the new strategy would allow the company to focus its marketing efforts for greater impact.

Jha also hinted that Motorola would give the Lapdock concept another try this year, despite disappointing sales.

Motorola recently warned that its fourth quarter earnings would not meet expectations. [via All Things D]



By Electronista Staff
toggle

Comments

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

Sponsor

Recent Reviews

Kenu Airframe Plus

Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this y ...

Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset

Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...

Adesso Compagno X Bluetooth keyboard

The shift from typing on physical keyboards to digital versions on smartphones and tablets hasn't been an easy for many consumers. Fro ...

Sponsor

toggle

Most Commented

 
toggle

Popular News