Printed from http://www.electronista.com

Apple adds 128GB option for fourth-generation iPad

updated 09:16 am EST, Tue January 29, 2013

Brings iPad up to computer-like levels of storage

A 128GB version of the fourth-generation iPad will go on sale February 5th, Apple has announced. The tablet will cost $799 in a Wi-Fi-only version, or $929 when paired with 3G/4G cellular. Features will otherwise stay identical to other fourth-gen models, including an A6X processor; iOS 6.1 should come preinstalled.

The addition addresses an occasional complaint about the iPad, which is that although it often functions like a computer, it lacks the storage capacity of something like a Mac. 128GB is the same amount of default storage in a Retina MacBook Pro, and in fact twice the amount that comes with the cheapest MacBook Air. The change may fuel speculation that Apple is planning to drop 16GB iPads, making 32GB the smallest capacity.



By Electronista Staff
Post tools:

TAGS :

toggle

Comments

  1. daehl

    Fresh-Faced Recruit

    Joined: 10-24-07

    Get rid of the 16GB iPad

    They should have just doubled the storage capacities and left the pricing the same. The $100 gap between the 16GB & 32GB is outrageous at this point. I'm glad they boosted the capacity, and I'm sure they'll sell, but it doesn't do anything with regard to addressing pricing competitiveness.

  1. blahblahbber

    Banned

    Joined: 02-01-05

    Dude, did you forget who you are talking about? This the same company that charges you a minimum of 4x the market price for digital capacity. Just give them the finger and say no. It's easier, and soon than later you will come to find out that you have just participated in the growing club! :)

  1. DiabloConQueso

    Fresh-Faced Recruit

    Joined: 06-11-08

    Originally Posted by blahblahbberView Post

    Dude, did you forget who you are talking about? This the same company that charges you a minimum of 4x the market price for digital capacity. Just give them the finger and say no. It's easier, and soon than later you will come to find out that you have just participated in the growing club! :)



    Or, you could do neither of those things and just not use Apple stuff. You know, low-road vs. high-road kind of thing.

    There's a big difference in personality between someone who won't use a particular company's stuff and someone who won't use a particular company's stuff and has to make a big stink about it all the time with hyperbole and vulgarity. One could be considered a personality trait and the other could be considered a personality flaw.

  1. blahblahbber

    Banned

    Joined: 02-01-05

    Originally Posted by DiabloConQuesoView Post

    Or, you could do neither of those things and just not use Apple stuff. You know, low-road vs. high-road kind of thing.

    There's a big difference in personality between someone who won't use a particular company's stuff and someone who won't use a particular company's stuff and has to make a big stink about it all the time with hyperbole and vulgarity. One could be considered a personality trait and the other could be considered a personality flaw.




    This is the internet; you could wear thong for all I know. It does really matter what you think. remember that

  1. chas_m

    MacNN Staff

    Joined: 08-04-01

    Originally Posted by blahblahbberView Post

    It does really matter what you think. remember that



    Wow, trolltrolltroller telling DiabloConQueso that it really matters what he thinks? I guess he's agreeing with your point DCQ, and admitting that his compulsive trollery IS in fact a personality flaw.

    Thanks for manning up and admitting that, blahbber, but that fact was about as secret as Jodie Foster's lesbianism around here. :p

  1. And.reg

    Mac Elite

    Joined: 02-22-04

    Originally Posted by NewsPosterView Post

    The tablet will cost $799 in a Wi-Fi-only version, or $929 when paired with 3G/4G cellular.



    This... is... absurd. Almost $1000, for a tablet? :brick:

    For that kind of money, you could buy a full-featured computer

    In 3 years, we're gonna look back and laugh at the days in which we sold tablets for $500.

    In 6 years, we're gonna laugh at when we look back and actually sold them for $300.

  1. blahblahbber

    Banned

    Joined: 02-01-05

    Originally Posted by AndrejView Post

    This... is... absurd. Almost $1000, for a tablet? :brick:

    For that kind of money, you could buy a full-featured computer

    In 3 years, we're gonna look back and laugh at the days in which we sold tablets for $500.

    In 6 years, we're gonna laugh at when we look back and actually sold them for $300.



    Glad I am not alone on this one...

  1. blahblahbber

    Banned

    Joined: 02-01-05

    Originally Posted by chas_mView Post

    Wow, trolltrolltroller telling DiabloConQueso that it really matters what he thinks? I guess he's agreeing with your point DCQ, and admitting that his compulsive trollery IS in fact a personality flaw.

    Thanks for manning up and admitting that, blahbber, but that fact was about as secret as Jodie Foster's lesbianism around here. :p



    When are you going to man up and admit you are a shill for crApple??...less secret than victoria, and she is a whore.

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

Sponsor

Recent Reviews

JBL Synchros E40BT headphones

For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...

Razer Taipan mouse

The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...

Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS

Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...

Sponsor

toggle

Most Commented

 
toggle

Popular News