- All press submissions must be made to press-at-macnn-dot-com (mailing lists) or tips-at-macnn-dot-com (individual news items), but not to both addresses.
- All PR releases should include a non-superlatif executive summary (4-5 sentences) with key information such as product description, key enhancements, new features, pricing, platform, and availability as well as a direct link to the product page.
- Include a link to the specific product page as well as download link and size, if applicable.
- Please submit all press releases as plain text in the body of an email. We discourage submissions in PDF, MS Word, RTF, or other formats.
- Information submitted early (in advance of Web posting and other news/blog outlets) will be considered for photo services, standalone article consideration, and/or 'Top Story' placement, depending on editorial considerations. Editors may also consider stories for reposting on day of release with additional information.
- All embargoed information should be stated clearly in body and in subject of the email. Embargo material is accepted and encouraged. It is completely honored unless information is available to the public and/or somewhere else on the Web.
- Application submssions for interesting software, shareware, and freeware should include a MacNN-style blurb (2-3 sentences), pricing, and platform notes. Please only submit .0x releases, if noteworthy, newsworthy, or interesting. Larger releases may even be considered for a standalone brief.
- Photo services (either editorial or paid) dramatically increase visibility as well as response (click-through) rate. Contact press-at-macnn-dot-com for more information. Photo placements can paid on per-item basis on a "as-editorially-relevant" basis. Please contact our editor-at-macnn-dot-com for more information on paid photo services.
- Emails with photo attachments should be less than 70k (250x250 maximum size).
Contact editor-at-macnn-dot-com for more information and/or other editorial considerations.