Black Friday puts crush on supplies
US retailer Best Buy has completely exhausted its online stock of the iPad 2, a check shows. All models are now listed as "sold out online," including even top-end 64GB 3G tablets. Stock was available as recently as earlier today.
Native Instrument five-day sale
FiLMiC Pro, a video production tool for iOS devices, is being offered as a free download through the Thanksgiving weekend. The software, which is generally offered as a $3 purchase, allows users to choose between different video resolutions and frame rates. Controls for independently changing the focus and exposure locks are also included, along with framing tools, single/double reticule modes, audio metering options, and more.
Midnight and 4AM openings scheduled
A relative handful of US Apple Stores will be opening up especially early on Black Friday, November 25th, ifoAppleStore notes. Five stores are scheduled to open at midnight: these include the Arden Fair, Galleria at Roseville, Vintage Faire Mall, and Fashion Fair outlets in California, as well as the Orland Square shop in Illinois. A greater group, spread across several states, will open at 4AM: Rockingham, King of Prussia, Southdale, Tacoma Mall, Santa Rosa Plaza, Summit, Stoneridge, Southcenter, Smith Haven Mall, South Hills Village, West Town Mall, Pleasant Lane, University Park Mall, Burlington Mall, Fifth Avenue Mall, Lehigh Valley Mall, Woodfield, and Ala Moana.
Discounts were 'modest' last year
Apple is again planning to hold a Black Friday sale on Nov. 25th as it has in recent years, where buyers can "discover amazing iPad, iPod and Mac gifts for everyone on your list." The promo, which has begun to appear on international online stores, indicates that despite Black Friday being tied to the US holiday of Thanksgiving, Apple is again making the sale a worldwide event. The company's iOS devices were found to be the most-wanted gifts with kids and teens this year.
A selection of Thanksgiving sale items
Happy Thanksgiving from DealNN, and with that said we would like to present our holiday deals collection. OfficeMax.com got a jump start on their Black Friday sales, cutting prices on items like the Hitachi SimpleDrive III 1TB external hard drive from $139.99 to $84.99. The NEXTAR Q4 4.3-inch touchscreen GPS also saw an early price drop and is now just $89.99.
360 sales vs. Sony flak
A considerable number of Xbox 360 consoles were sold during Thanksgiving week, Microsoft has announced. The company says that slightly more than 310,000 360s were bought during the period, which is typically devoted to sales for Christmas and Hanukkah shoppers. While this number is still less than the 350,000 Wiis quoted by Nintendo, it represents an amount greater than what Microsoft might normally sell in a month. Microsoft also says it expects to sell more games this holiday season than the figures for the Wii and PlayStation 3 combined.
Blu-Ray takes Black Friday
Blu-Ray remains the format of choice in the HD world, results from the week of Black Friday show. Data from Nielsen VideoScan reveals that of the HD discs bought during last week, 72.6 percent of them were Blu-Ray titles, leaving HD DVD at 27.4 percent. This is despite a massive influx of HD DVD players from Wal-Mart's $99 sale, and the success of particular titles such as Transformers. Simply by itself, the Blu-Ray version of Live Free or Die Hard sold nearly 100,000 copies, according to one Fox Home Entertainment executive.